The size of the photo that is too large can usually take place on the hard disk. Well, how to reduce the size of the photo? Try these 5 applications.
There are several ways you can do to reduce the size of the photo using a laptop or smartphone. Most people worry if a compressed photo will make the quality of the photo less good.
Don’t worry, here’s how to reduce the size of a photo without reducing the quality of the photo that has been summarized:
RIOT is a free image optimizer that can be used to reduce photo size. When editing with RIOT we can distinguish the original image before it is compressed and the image after it is compressed.
This software is also lightweight, fast and easy to use. We can also adjust the compression, color, and metadata settings. When finished, we can choose the JPG, GIF <or PNG format for the output file.
How to use RIOT
- Download and Install RIOT (2MB)
- Open the RIOT application
- Click “Open” to select the photo you want to resize
- Select the format you want to compress to JPEG, PNG, or GIF
- Adjust the desired quality or leave it to default
- The final step Save the compressed photo
In addition to design, Photoshop can also reduce the size of a large photo. If you want to know how to reduce the size of a photo with Photoshop, it’s very easy and very easy to do.
How to use Photoshop
- Open the photo you wish to edit by selecting Open on the File menu
- After the photo has appeared, please save the photo by clicking File> Save as>
- The selected format is JPEG then click Ok. In the JPEG Options window, you have to change a few settings, select low on the quality option then click Ok.
Without a complicated and heavy photo editing application, you can use Paint to reduce the size of a large photo.
How to use Paint
- Before editing a photo, first prepare the photo you want to reduce in size then open the Paint program.
- Open the photo through Paint by pressing the CTRL + O button, then select the Resize menu
- At this stage the Resize and Skew box will appear, please select the desired pixel and click Ok
- The final step presses the CTRL + S button to save the resized photo.
4. Reduce the Size of the Photo Using Phone
Turns down the size of the photo it turns out you can use a cellphone by using the Photo Compress 2.0 application on Playstore. This application is very easy to use and also has several other features. In addition to reducing the size of the photo, we can also change the resolution and crop photos.
How to use Photo Compress 2.0
- Download and install the application on the phone
- After it is installed, open the Photo Compress 2.0 application
- Once opened two options will appear namely displaying images from the gallery or camera.
- Then select the photo that we will compress, after that do the compressing process by selecting “Custom Compress” or “Quick Compress”
- Custom Compress is a self-regulating compress process
- Quick Compress is a compressing process with default settings
- For convenience, we use Quick Compress. Click Quick Compress
- After the process is complete, two options for saving will appear namely Replace & Exit and Exit
- Replace & Exit will save the photo and replace the original photo
- Exit photos will be saved without replacing the original photos
5. Microsoft Office Picture Manager
By using this method we no longer need to use other applications that require time to download and install it. Using Microsoft Office Picture Manager can easily reduce the size of the photo you want to compress.
How to use Microsoft Office Picture
- Right-click on the photo you want to reduce in size
- Mouse over Open With
- Select Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- After the photo has been successfully opened with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click Picture then select Resize
- On the right side of the screen, you can choose the size you want to use.
- If you have determined the size directly click Ok
- After clicking ok, save the image by pressing the CTRL + S key on the keyboard. The photo has been saved in a smaller size.